Baby & Bedrest

Good Afternoon!

I hope everyone had a great week and is ready for the weekend! I was going to post about something much different today, but after yesterday’s events I wanted to share that instead. I always promised to be real and honest on my blog and want to keep that promise. Yesterday I met with my new doctor (who I love!) since I will not be able to deliver in the small town that I live, and all went extremely well until she went to find out if the baby’s head was down yet. The head was down all right, just a little too far (okay a lot to far), so needless to say, this girl is on bedrest! No more work, no more exercise and no more house work, but she did give me bathroom privileges ;). Being a first time pregnant mama I completely overwhelmed and worried (an understatement) by this information. I wasn’t at all worried for myself, I was just extremely worried that my baby wouldn’t make it to full term. But after talking to my husband and my mom and dad, I felt reassured and supported. I am not going to lie, I am the type of person who takes something and thinks of the worst possible scenarios, and I did the entire drive home from the doctors. But after a long nights sleep I feel much more optimistic today. I know with lots of rest, support and positive thinking on my behalf, everything is going to be great. Now the hard part, doing well…..nothing! The only part that makes this easy is knowing it is in the best interest for my baby. I will do ANYTHING for her, and the weird part is, I am not ready for pregnancy to be over. I have honestly really enjoyed every moment, from the kicks and flips, to the bonding I have felt with my little girl already.Β  Since being pregnant, I have never understood as much as I do now, the importance of a mother and daughter bond. I am lucky enough to have such an amazing mother to share that bond with, and hope the same for my daughter and I. So for the next little while it’s just baby and me relaxing and bonding. If anyone has time for tea, you know where to find me :).

Now that, that is out in the open I feel much better. But lucky for everyone, it will give me more time to post and share my findings on Facebook. Up until now, I have been extremely busy getting ready for baby, which is now a blessing in disguise. I don’t have to lay here and think of all the things I have to do, since they are done!

I know I am not alone in the baby complications department. I would love to hear from those mama’s out there if you have had any complications and how you dealt with them!

Have an awesome weekend, and remember to stay on track. Even though it’s now camping season and those hot dogs may seem tempting, opt for a healthier choice. Veggie burgers anyone?

Advertisements

12 thoughts on “Baby & Bedrest

1. Jennifer says:

Hi Tiffany! The same thing happened to me with my first, my Dr. Is Dr. Kali. She is so wonderful but she put me on bed rest and Presley was 5 days late!!! I was so worried when she told me that her head was far down, all three of my babies were late. My Dr. Is very cautious, but its good. I’d rather that! Enjoy your rest and try not to worry. ( totally easier said than done I know;)

• theffitlife says:

I have the same doctor. I am sooo glad you shared that with me, it makes me feel even more optimistic about everything! I would rather that as well, she is a great doctor. Haha it is easier said than done, but I will obey :). What were you able to do on bedrest?

• Jennifer says:

I read, and watched movies and napped! It was great! Lol. Now being pregnant with #4, I often think of those days and miss them, because there’s no naps for me anymore. And I’m so happy to hear she is your Dr. She is so wonderful. She delivered all three of my kids and is still my baby Dr! I totally understand, there is nothing like being worried about your baby. It’s awful, but try to rest as much as possible! Do all your baking sitting down!! Haha. Good luck, it can be hard to on bed rest being an active person.

2. Wendy Wenig says:

Hi Tiff, I have just found your blog on Facebook. My second child was coming way too early, (my water broke at 22 weeks) so my friend’s doctor sent me up to Uof A Hospital. Pure bed rest, not too much excitement, and for the first couple weeks, not even bathroom privileges. I spent a total of 5 1/2 weeks waiting where I also found out that sitting forward would only worsen the pressure to come out, so I had to lay back at an angle on pillows as much as possible. Television and plenty of visitors helped immensely, as well as the twice a week wheelchair ride to the cafeteria, if I behaved the rest of the time. I found that music and singing, laughter and chattiing – these all helped extend my boy’s womb stay. The nurses were great, and very thoughtful. I pray that you will find what helps you to set your mind at ease for long periods of time. Chocolate is definitely allowed. Unless otherwise advised, of course. What ever it takes to keep your mood up, so baby will be more than happy to reside for a while longer. God Bless!
    Wendy (mom of three terrific ki… adults!)

• theffitlife says:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story, I really appreciate it! Makes me feel like I am not alone and I my baby and I will be just fine. I will take your advice on the chocolate πŸ™‚

Tiff

3. Natalie says:

Sending lots of positive vibes your way little lady. Not much longer now and you’ll get to meet your little blessing and she’ll be healthy, happy and no doubt BEAUTIFUL. Thinking of you guys :).

Tell Me What You Think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s