I had a complete brain fart this afternoon. I wanted to make something, but had no idea what! I didn’t care whether I baked or made something of the non-bake sort. Well I ended up putting this pregnant brain to work, and to my surprise I came up with not one, but TWO frozen treats! And yes they do include peanut/almond butter (weird I know). One is soo easy, I know I say that a lot, but I really mean it! And the other is easy, but takes a little more time. Enough of my babble, here is what I came up with!
The first is a quick snack, that is sure to please banana & peanut butter lovers (my husband). Instead of giving your kiddo’s gold-fish or Cheerios, you can give them a yummy nutritious snack. The best part, there is only 3 ingredients! Now I kind of just whipped it up, so you can adjust the creaminess of the peanut butter to your likings.
Frozen Banana Bites
2 tbsp peanut butter
Approximately 1/4 – 1/2 cup almond milk
1. Melt peanut butter and almond milk together in a sauce pan on low heat.
2. Once the peanut butter mixture is melted, pour over top of sliced banana.
Now you are in charge of either eating this warm or pop in the freezer. If it were up to my husband, he would eat it right then and there, but luckily he isn’t home yet, and he gets to try the frozen version.
Next are granola bars, I know, how original right? But I think these are the best bars I have come up with yet. They aren’t overly sweet, but yummy and make for the perfect afternoon snack, instead of heading over the vending machine and picking up a Snickers bar!
FFIT Frozen Power Bars
3/4 almond/peanut butter (I used half and half)
Approximately 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup raw honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract (not the artificial stuff)
1 tbsp flaxseed
1 tbsp Skinny B (mixture of chia, hemp and buckwheat)
1/4 cup raw almonds
2 tbsp sunflower seeds (raw and unsalted)
1-2 tbsp cacao nibs (can use dark chocolate)
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
2 cups rolled oats
1. Melt nut butter and almond milk together on stove top in a sauce pan on low to medium heat. You may have to add more almond milk as you stir.
2. Stir in honey and combine well.
3. Stir in flaxseed, Skinny B, cacao nibs, almonds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and salt. You can add whatever you would like for nuts and seeds.
4. Stir in oats.
5. Once everything is combined pour into a 8×8 pan (I used a silicone pan) and place in the freezer without eating half the batter ;).
I also promised I would share my quick and easy peanut butter cookie recipe, since the one I posted on Facebook didn’t turn out as I had hoped. So here is another nut buttery goodness recipe! Now I am not going to guarantee that I remember all the measurements of ingredients, so please, if something goes wrong let me know :).
FFIT NUT BUTTER COOKIES
1 cup almond/peanut butter
1/4 raw honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup oat flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp flaxseed
1 tsp baking soda
PRE HEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES
1. Combine all the wet ingredients.
2. Add all of the dry ingredients and combine.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. If you like your cookies not as dense, you can bake them a little longer.
Happy Friday. I hope you all have a great weekend! And if you try out any of my recipes and/or make any substitutions, please let me know how they go.