So I have been holding out on you lately, but you will be happy to know I have several (yes more than one) new recipes to share with you! While I might of not been as busy as I should have with my blog, I was busy at work and more importantly, in the kitchen! I created an easy supper time meal, granola recipe,and protein bar recipe and can’t wait to share! Lets also not forget that it’s FRIDAY! But before I lose your attention, here’s some new eats!
The first is a perfect comfort food, it’s easy to make, great for supper and leftovers for lunch!
FFIT Turkey & Barely Chili
1 28 oz can salt free diced tomatoes
1 14 oz can salt free tomato sauce
1 can mixed beans (or whichever beans you like)
2 packages lean ground turkey
1 cup shredded carrots
4-6 chopped celery sticks
1 red pepper chopped
1/4 cup (or more if you like) barley
4-5 garlic cloves
1 small onion chopped
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1. Cook turkey in skillet. You can skip this step, and just put the raw turkey into the Crock Pot, you will just end up with more water in your chili.
2. Place turkey and all other ingredients into the Crock Pot. Cook on lowest setting.
Easy, quick and delicious!
Next is a granola recipe I created. I have never made granola of any kind, but wanted to have a whack at it. I have only tasted the store bought kinds, and wanted to create my own. I think it turned out good, as it barely lasted 24 hours (but I suppose that normal in my house).
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (chopped in blender)
1/2 cup raw almonds (chopped in blender)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 scoops vanilla proteinPreheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Combine the almond butter, honey and coconut oil and warm in microwave for about 45 seconds.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and combine.
3. Place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, toss around and bake for another 7-10 minutes. Make sure it is crispy before removing from oven.
1/2 cup almond butter (can use peanut butter)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup coffee (I used Americano)
2 tbsp honey
3 cups rolled oats
3 scoops vanilla protein
1 tbsp flaxseed
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup chopped pumpkin seeds
2 tsp cinnamonPreheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Mix wet ingredients until well combined.
2. Mix dry ingredients.
3. Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
4. Place in 9×13 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes.
*If you use a larger baking dish make sure to adjust your baking time.