I just had my afternoon snack, but prior to eating it, I was totally stumped on what to have. This doesn’t happen to me very often, I usually have my whole life planned out (including my meals), sometimes I wish I could just go with the flow, but I guess that’s what makes me special ;). So I decided to give my friend a call, yes I was so desperate to think of a snack today, I had to use a lifeline and phone a friend! Good thing she is going to school to be a nutritionist, and not only is she beautiful she is full of amazing ideas (maybe one day I will convince her into doing a guest post!). This is what I decided on…
Apples & Oatmeal
1/4 cup Oatmeal
1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Flaxseed
1 scoop of Whey Protein
1 Small apple sliced
1) Add oatmeal and almond milk to a bowl and place in microwave for approximately 2 minutes (less or more depending on how you like your oats)
2) Add cinnamon, whey and flaxseed, and stir well. Enjoy!
I have another recipe to share with you, but I am not sure I should. The reason why? They are soooo good, all 12 happened to go missing in one day! It goes to show both of our weaknesses are peanut butter! But we all need a treat or two or the whole batch (don’t do this) sometimes. Here I go…
Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup Natural Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Natural Honey
2 cups Oat flour
1 scoop of whey protein (optional)
1 large Banana
1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1 tsp Baking soda
2 tbsp Flaxseed (optional)
1/2 tap Sea Salt
2 tsp Vanilla
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2) Combine dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and combine well.
3) In a larger bowl, mash the banana and add the rest of the wet ingredients. Be sure to mix well.
4) Add the dry ingredients to the wet, combine ingredients, but don’t over-mix.
5) The batter should yield approximately 12 larger sized cookies or 16 “normal” sized cookies ;).
6) Bake for 10 minutes and enjoy (only a couple!)
After consuming our fair share of cookies for the day, we did do a short but great workout.
This is what we did:
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 : Squat, Sit up, Burpees
You start off doing 10 squats, 10 sit ups and 10 burpees and then move onto to 9 and so on until you get to 1. It is harder than you would think, especially when you try to do it as fast as possible (with correct form). It’s a great workout to do at home, outside or even at the gym.
Start you week off right, prepare you meals and kill your workout! If you have a hectic schedule, schedule a workout into your day, that way you can plan around it, even if it means getting up at 6 to fit it all in!
Here’s a couple pictures for some motivation..