Good Morning Everyone!
Sorry for my absence yesterday. My husband actually had a day off (which happens about 2 times a month) so we were out and about. But I did find time for a new creation, it might not be new to others, but it is to me! I was ravenous in the afternoon prior to my mid afternoon snack and was wanting something quick and fulfilling, and this is what I created. I mixed a few of my favorite foods together and now introduce to you…
Peanut Butter Oats
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp peanut butter
1) Microwave the oats and almond milk for 1 and 1/2 minutes.
2) Once microwaved, add the peanut butter, and that’s all folks!
Add some vegetables to this and it would make a great mid morning or afternoon snack!
I am still feeling a bit under the weather, and haven’t felt much like baking or creating new recipes, so I apologize for the lack of information lately. But for lunch I am resorting back to a favorite recipe of mine, pizza! I know everyone likes pizza, but I will share with you a healthier version of a personal pizza. I use a whole wheat tortilla/pita, but if you wish for a gluten-free crust, you could use a cauliflower crust. I have yet to try it, but from what I have heard it is awesome.
1 Whole wheat pita/tortilla (if you are lucky enough to find ezekiel I would suggest using that)
1 5 oz Chicken breast
Low fat plain Greek yogurt
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Slice chicken into small strips, and cook prior to making pizza.
3) To make the sauce for the base of the pizza, blend 2 cups of spinach with 1 tsp of water. It should turn into a liquid. Once it turns into a liquid, add 2 tbsp Greek yogurt, and blend. You may have to play with the measurements to make to sauce thicker.
4) Place tortilla on oven pan (I don’t use tin foil).
5) To build your pizza, first add the spinach sauce, I then also add more spinach (just because I love it so much), add chicken and any vegetables of your choice.
6) After all your ingredients have been added, place some Greek yogurt or even cottage cheese on the top (instead of regular shredded cheese).
7) Bake in oven for about 15 minutes. Let cool, and serve.
Hopefully these directions make sense!
My brother and his girlfriend are coming to visit my Husband and I this weekend, so I will be baking some healthy goodies for them tomorrow. I will be posting recipes and PICTURES once I have chosen what I am going to bake. Happy Thursday!